Discover The Personal Loan Review: The Best For Next Day Financing
Select’s editorial team works independently to review financial products and write articles that our readers will find useful. We may receive a commission when you click on product links from our affiliate partners.
Personal loans can help you refinance debt, pay major expenses, or cover unexpected expenses with fixed rates that are often lower than credit cards.
If you understand the ins and outs of personal loans, they can help you manage costs, including medical bills, vacations, home renovations, financial emergencies, or even car payments.
Select reviewed dozens of personal loans and found Discover personal loans be our best loan for next day financing. Discover can send you the funds as early as the next business day after your loan has been approved and all necessary documents have been submitted.
In most cases, you can apply online or over the phone and receive a decision the same day. Discover provides funds for a variety of purposes, which you will need to claim on your request. The funds can either be sent directly to your creditors (in the case of a debt consolidation) or be deposited into your bank account.
Find the best personal loans
To facilitate your search for a personal loan, To select reviewed Find out about personal loans. We took into account the APR, benefits, fees, loan amounts and term of office. (Learn more about our methodology below.)
The information on Discover Personal Loans was independently collected by CNBC and was not reviewed or provided by the bank prior to posting. Discover Bank USA is a member of the FDIC.
Annual percentage rate (APR)
Purpose of the loan
Debt Consolidation, Home Renovation, Wedding or Vacation
Find out that personal loans have APRs ranging from 6.99% to 24.99% Factors that determine your loan APR include your credit score, credit history, your application information, and the length of time you select . Customers with the best credit are eligible for the lowest APR.
Discover offers a few more payment options than most other lenders on Selection list. You can make payments over the phone using the automated system or by speaking to a representative, by mail, wire transfer, electronic bill payment through your bank account, or online through your Discover account. (The easiest way to avoid missing a payment is to sign up for automatic payment.)
However, there is no discount for signing up for automatic payment.
Another benefit is the ability to change your payment due date – users can do this up to twice in total depending on their monthly budget. (There must be a 12 month period between any payment date change you request.)
Discover offers a 30-day no-obligation guarantee if you change your mind about wanting the loan. If you return the funds within 30 days, you do not have to pay interest, but the request will still appear on your credit report and count as a firm request.
The exception to this 30-day guarantee is if Discover had previously made direct payments to your creditors. You will not be able to get this money back and will have to reimburse Discover with your own money in this case.
Discover borrowers have access to the Discover ScoreCard, an online portal where you can check your FICO credit score for free and get information on what is helping and harming your credit score.
There are no origination fees with Discover loans. Discover also doesn’t charge a prepayment fee, which means you can make additional payments to pay off your loan faster without penalty or future interest. (Note, however, that you will not receive a refund for the interest you have already paid.)
If you miss a payment, you will be charged a late fee of $ 39.
Loan amounts range from $ 2,500 to $ 35,000, depending on what you apply for. The amount for which you are eligible and the terms of the loan are determined during your application based on factors such as your credit rating and credit history.
To be eligible for a loan, you must have a minimum family income of at least $ 25,000, be 18 years of age or older, and be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Terms of office vary from six to 84 months depending on what you apply for and a number of factors including your credit rating and credit history.
There is a lot of factors to consider when taking out a personal loan including how much money you need, how long you can have to pay it off, and how much interest you will need to pay.
With up to seven years to repay the Discover personal loans and relatively low interest rates for those with good credit, this loan is suitable for people who want to enjoy next day financing (when required documents are approved) and flexible repayment plans.
However, a major drawback of this loan, you cannot have co-signers or joint requests. This eliminates your chance to get a better deal by combining your credit score and history with someone else.
PenFed personal loans give you the opportunity to apply with a co-borrower and might be a better option for young couples or family members who want to take out a loan together.
Depending on the reason for your loan, one of these five personal loans could also be a great option for you, as long as you understand the fine print and feel comfortable accepting payments.
To determine which personal loans are best for debt refinancing, To select analyzed dozens of US personal loans offered by online and traditional banks, including major credit unions.
When selecting and ranking the best personal loans, we focused on the following features:
- APR at fixed rate: Variable rates can fluctuate over the life of your loan. With a fixed rate APR, you lock in an interest rate for the life of the loan, which means your monthly payment will not vary, making it easier to plan your budget.
- Flexible minimum and maximum loan amounts / conditions: Each lender offers several financing options that you can customize based on your monthly budget and how long it takes to pay off your loan.
- No early repayment penalties: The lenders on our list do not charge borrowers for prepayment of loans.
- Simplified application process: We looked at whether lenders offer same-day approval decisions and a fast online application process.
- Customer service: Each loan on our list provides customer service available by phone, email or secure online messaging. We have also opted for lenders who have an online resource center or advice center to help educate you about the personal loan process and your finances.
- Disbursement of funds: The loans on our list provide funds quickly by wire transfer to your checking account or in the form of a paper check. Some lenders (which we have noted) offer the option of paying your creditors directly.
- Automatic payment discounts: We have noted lenders who reward you for signing up for automatic payment by lowering your APR from 0.25% to 0.5%.
- Creditors’ payment limits and loan amounts: The above lenders offer loans in a range of sizes, from $ 1,000 to $ 100,000. Each lender advertises their respective payment limits and loan amounts, and completing a pre-approval process can give you an idea of your interest rate and monthly payment for such amount.
Note that the advertised rates and fee structures for personal loans are subject to fluctuation based on the Fed rate. However, once your loan agreement is accepted, a fixed rate APR will guarantee the interest rate and the monthly payment will remain constant for the duration of the loan. Your APR, monthly payment, and loan amount depend on your credit history and creditworthiness. To take out a loan, lenders will conduct a serious credit check and ask for a complete application, which may require proof of income, identity verification, proof of address, etc.
Editorial note: Any opinions, analysis, criticism or recommendations expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the editorial staff of Select and have not been reviewed, endorsed or otherwise approved by any third party.