CarmelFest entertainment, dining options abound
CarmelFest KidsZone President William L. Howard II said the entertainment zone will have something for everyone during the festival on July 4 and 5.
“In a great effort to honor CarmelFests of the past by being fun and alive and to be careful enough due to COVID-19, we will have new rides and activities that will appeal and cater for all ages of children and maybe to the inner child in some adults, ”Howard said. “We will feature a gyroscope, a petting zoo, a variety of animals for children to feed, bungee jumping, a 25-foot climbing wall and a unique interactive bird experience. We will also have hand washing and sanitation stations appropriately located in the KidsZone. “
CarmelFest President Steve Krusie said the KidsZone will not have bouncy houses because disinfection protocols would be too difficult for volunteers to manage.
Food manager Jill Gilmer said there will be family food in Carter Green and several food vendors returning to the Gazebo area.
“I have a new vegan seller coming up,” Gilmer said.
Returning suppliers include Sun King Brewing and Kona Ice. Popular items like chicken on a stick, funnel cakes and roasted corn will also be back, Gilmer said.
The main difference in the market this year is that there will be vendors in two locations: near the Palladium and in the traditional area near the fountain and gazebo. Sellers are always welcome to apply.
To learn more, visit carmelfest.net.
Schedule of activities
The animations will be expanded this year with the two stages occupied from 1 to 9.45 p.m. on July 4 and 5.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – CarmelFest has talent
- 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Touch of Grass
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Heartstone Crossing
- 8 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. – Carmel Symphony Orchestra
- 1 to 2:15 p.m. – Kenny Phelps
- 3 to 4:30 p.m. – Tommy Baldwin Trio
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. – Dwight Lightning and the Conch City Stars
- 7 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. – The Wright Brothers
July the 5th
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Les Nauti Yachtys
- 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Rock School
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Carmel Academy of Music
- 8 p.m. to 9.45 p.m. – Indiana Wind Symphony
- 1 to 2:15 p.m. – Brandon Boerner
- 2:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Phone Club
- 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Warrior Kings
- 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. – My yellow rickshaw